Friday, April 14, 2006

2 days in a row

Don't get excited, because I doubt that this will be a daily thing. However, it's a holiday weekend and I've got the time to write some more while I have a cup of tea and watch my daughter sleeping.

So I've had a few comments about my decision to do a blog. All but one have been positive. You know who you are Mt Eden Player. Guess this means I'll have to keep this up. I was thinking that it might also be interesting for Sarah to read when she gets older. Insights into her fathers thinking in his younger days. That will either be a good or a bad thing.

One of you said I need to write something more interesting next time. But you see, I don't think everything I write will be interesting all the time. The sad fact is, I don't think I'm that interesting to be able to keep it up all the time! So you might find that some blogs will be disappointingly boring, and others surprisingly exciting & informative. So bear with me MJ, hopefully I can keep you interested from time to time.

One of my biggest problems about living in Auckland is the traffic I have to deal with on a daily basis getting to and from work. I hadn't really intended to talk to much about this, but Maxi reckons it would be a good way for me to vent half the stuff we talk about. So you might also find that I talk about traffic and its associated problems and possible solutions from time to time. That might be boring for some of you......sorry about that.

We were down in Hamilton today at my brother in laws place as his son is 1 tomorrow (?) I think. Or is it Sunday? Anyway, as you might have guessed, birthday's are not a big thing for me. Half to do with how I was raised, and the other half simply because I can't really see the point. I mean, I know people say it's the one day of the year to make someone feel extra special and to celebrate a life etc etc. But my thinking is why do you need a particular day to do that? Why can't you make that person, who is so special in your life, feel wanted every day? Well, maybe not every day, but why do I need to confine it to a birthday? So I'm kind of a bah humbug type on birthdays. I'll do them though, as I know they mean something to others, and not everyone agrees with my way of thinking (funny that), and if someone wants to do one for me, then that's more for them than for me as I'm not fussed either way.

But we had a good time, and the little fella who had managed to survive his first year was in good form. And I think most of the adults enjoyed it all as well. Loads of food which stuffed everyone quite nicely, thank you very much.

That'll do. Til next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home